Welcome! I’m Gail Lewis, M.S., LPC, LCPC, and I would like to welcome you to my website and to my counseling and therapy practice. We often feel completely powerless to turn around the areas of our lives that aren’t working and are most cemented in place. We will discover together what you can do to overcome being stuck and burnt out once and for all. My 21 years of experience, two Master’s Degrees in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Gerontology, and my current doctoral work in Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, my passion for helping people and life-long learning in my field will enable you to conquer paralyzing fear, uncertainty, lack of direction, and self-sabotage. We need to learn how to transform self-doubt into authentic self-confidence.
I am here to help you be able to let go of those experiences and persons who have diminished your feelings of self- worth. I will help you make sense of your early attachment wounds in how they are affecting your life today. Always remember, your story is unique and valuable. The goal, in individual therapy, is self-acceptance, more personal power, and simply, a more positive, happy life with a diminished sense of anxiety, along with higher self-confidence and self-assurance. There is hope for a better tomorrow. I am here to help you heal from past and current trauma and attachment wounds. I work with women who need their words to be heard and to able to take up more space in their world. You are not alone in this struggle!
My style is collaborative, empathetic, and strength-based to help you overcome life’s difficult challenges. This approach is based in the Positive Psychology and Client-Centered focus espoused by historical psychologists of renown, including Carl Rogers and Abraham Maslow.
I strive to be a positive investment for people who choose to work toward achieving their higher potential. I offer Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) when clinically appropriate. “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” Abraham Maslow (We offer mindfulness and skills training to stabilize emotion and decreasing anxiety and distress).
I offer techniques and therapy to improve your day-to-day functioning, whether you suffer from sleep disorders, hoarding, depression, panic attacks, agoraphobia, or other issues. If you suffered from sexual, physical, psychological, or emotional abuse or neglect in your childhood, you do not have to have those events affecting you as if they are still happening to you today.
I am available at my Lakewood, Colorado office by appointment only. I look forward to working together soon!
- BA in Psychology, magna cum laude, 1995 – University of Maine
- Research Assistant, worked with women and children at risk, with Dr. Susan Anzivino Slosky, Ph.D., Professor Emerita of Psychology, University of Maine
- Master’s of Clinical Counseling, cum laude, 1998 – University of Southern Maine
- Master’s of Aging Services Management, 2018 – University of Southern California, Los Angeles (emphasis on providing mental health therapy to seniors)
- EMDR Basic Training, 1997 – EMDR Center of the Rockies, Littleton, Colorado
- Doctoral Program in process, Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology – Saybrook University, Monterey, California
- Alonso Center for Psychodynamic Studies
- Licensed in the state of Maine and Colorado (and soon to be licensed in California as well).
- Couples therapy and individual therapy
- Recovery from abusive relationships
- Issues surrounding divorce
- Anxiety and Depression
- Past traumatic childhood and current traumatic relationships
- Attachment Therapy for Adults
- Multicultural focus in blended families, couples and relationships